Do you read newspapers, magazines and/or blogs online? Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to go to each and every website? Wouldn't it be easier if all you had to do was go to one website and see the latest from CNN, Sports Illustrated, Wired News, etc.? Well, Bloglines is the answer.
"But I'm not a blogger!" Don't worry, you don't have to be a blogger or a techie. Just follow these easy steps:
- Create an account by providing your email address and password, then click on "Register."
- Go to your email account, open the email from Bloglines Validation and validate your email address by clicking on the link supplied.
- A new window will open: "Account Validation Completed." You may now copy and paste the following into the address panel of your browser: http://www.bloglines.com/public/filipinolibrarian.
- Choose and subscribe to the feeds of your favorite sites by clicking on the links shown in the illustration below:
Note: Unfortunately, no Filipino newspaper is available for subscription. And that's why I added the Yahoo! News search results for "Philippines" in the list of feeds. You may also want to check out rickey.org, a site better known for its "American Idol" focus; and Kung Fu Librarian, which specializes in Asian martial arts, including Filipino Kali.
- Once you've subscribed to all the feeds you want, just bookmark or add Bloglines to your favorites and visit it as often as you wish to see if anything new has been "delivered."
This post was inspired by Joy Weese Moll's "Bloglines for Librarians in Three (and a half) Easy Steps."