Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

FO: "Where is Love?" by Lea Salonga



Happy Valentine's Day!

Ok, listen to the song and read the lyrics below, and I suppose it won't be hard to guess that it's not quite a happy day for me. It's snowing and very cold outside. According to the Weather Channel, it's -15 degrees Celsius, but with the windchill factor, it's supposed to feel like -26! And then, of course...

Anyway, it may seem weird to hear Lea Salonga singing, "Where is she..." but just remember that the song is from the musical Oliver! and that the character who sings the song is a young orphan who misses his mother. Salonga goes on to sing "As Long as He Needs Me," but that's probably too much of a victim song for Valentine's Day, so you don't have to watch it, and I certainly won't be putting the lyrics here =)


Where is Love?
Words and Music: Lionel Bart
Performer: Lea Salonga

Where is love?
Does it fall from skies above?
Is it underneath the willow tree
That I've been dreaming of?
Where is she
Who I close my eyes to see?
Will I ever know the sweet "hello"
That's meant for only me?

Who can say where she may hide?
Must I travel far and wide
Till I am beside the someone who
I can mean something to?
Where, where is love?

Every night I kneel and pray
Let tomorrow be the day
When I see the face of someone
Who I can mean something to
Where, where is Love?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...