Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

The Humor of F. Sionil Jose



The video above is of the first two minutes of the lecture by F. Sionil Jose on "History as Literature" at the Ortigas Foundation Library on 16 August 2007. Permission to post the video online was obtained from his wife Teresa.

I suppose I could blog about what he said during the rest of his stimulating lecture, but I decided that aside from further delaying my first post since I arrived in the Philippines, writing about what he said would probably not add anything new to what has already been said about him.

But I do think many more would be interested in seeing for themselves, especially those who are only familiar with his novels or provocative pronouncements, another facet of his brilliance. I think it's very interesting that his humor, like his novels, is "historical" in nature =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...