Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

Who Am I, Anyway?

"Who am I, anyway? Am I my resumé?" is a line from the musical A Chorus Line. Well, what's on my resumé anyway? I always say that I'm a "licensed librarian" and that I have a master's degree in library and information science. I also provide a link to this blog.

But am I really a librarian just because I have a license to practice? What if I am not physically working in a library and have had minimal experience working in one? And what if I am better known for what I've done online as Filipino Librarian, rather than for anything that I've accomplished in a real library?

Then again, what is a "real" library? Can the "reference questions" I've answered through this blog qualify as "experience"? Google searches for "Filipino librarian" and "Philippines librarian" will lead to this blog. But just because Google says it is so, doesn't make it true.

I spoke about the Christian concept of the "already but not yet" when I took my oath as a licensed librarian. I even said that "life is a process of becoming what we already are—but not yet." I am definitely a licensed librarian with an MLIS, and undoubtedly Filipino. But librarian?


Category: About Vonjobi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...