Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

SlideShare and Book History

SlideShare is being touted as "the YouTube of Powerpoint." And that's quite accurate. It's invitation-only at this time, but I was able to get myself invited. What you see below is my first-ever, made-in-Canada presentation. (Note: If you'd like to try SlideShare yourself, leave a comment or email me. I have ten invitations to give out.)

I uploaded my presentation slides (pdf) before on another site, along with the text (rtf). The links to the files were then shared so that my classmates could access them. But downloading a file and opening it is not as easy as SlideShare's click-on-mouse-to-move-to-next-slide.

The text is not available above, but if you visit "The Sociology of a Text" on SlideShare, I've copy-pasted the text into the comments section under the appropriate slides. This will allow you to read the text along with the slide.

I hope future enhancements will include slide notes as part of "Slide Transcript." There is some garbage on a few slides, perhaps due to the transfer from Keynote to Powerpoint, but overall, I expect to be using SlideShare more and more, and uploading pdf files less and less.

Incidentally, if you want to know more about book history (or history of the book), my presentation isn't going to be much help. You're probably better off taking a look at the journal Book History, which defines the field as "the history of the creation, dissemination, and reception of script and print."

This includes the "social, economic, and cultural history of authorship, editing, printing, the book arts, publishing, the book trade, periodicals, newspapers, ephemera, copyright, censorship, literary agents, libraries, literary criticism, canon formation, literacy, literary education, reading habits, and reader response."


Categories: Internet, About Vonjobi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...