Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

Wikimania 2006

Wikimania 2006
In a few hours, Wikimania 2006 begins. And I'm going to be there live-blogging!

I had no idea it was going to be held in Cambridge when I first arrived here. But when I found out about it after participating in the Thursday Meetings at Berkman, I decided that I would delay my departure for Toronto if the organizers gave me a scholarship. Well, they did.

I've done some editing on Wikipedia, but probably not as much as most of the participants. My most significant contribution would be to the entry on the Philippine Declaration of Independence.

But what I'd really like to know is how I can utilize wikis to benefit libraries in the Philippines. And that's why I'll be attending "Tips for conducting research and evaluating information" and "Wikis: Enabling Library Knowledgebases."

If you'd like to "attend" the conference yourself, you may do so via the online conference.

Note: In case any of you are wondering, I'm back in Cambridge after almost two weeks in New York City =)


Category: Wikimania

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...