Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

Filipino Librarian is One Year Old!

This blog is one-year old today. I hope you'll join me in celebrating this anniversary by leaving a comment below. Tell me what you think about this blog, how you found it, why you return, how you visit (RSS? email?), your favorite post, etc.

One of the most amazing things that has happened over the past year is that this blog, which some would probably deem "boring" just by looking at its name, is now among the top 30 Pinoy Top Blogs. It's also in the top 40 of Technorati’s Philippine Top 100 Blogs. And then there's the fact that even Spanish and German blogs have linked to this blog. What this means is that it's not just Filipinos or librarians who are reading this blog. If you're neither a Filipino nor a librarian, I hope you'll leave a comment below.

I was also surprised to find out that this blog was one of 60 blogs included in the study of the biblioblogosphere conducted by Walt Crawford. And then I learned that this blog even made it to number 2 on PubSub's "The Librarian List." Maybe it was because of the occasional posts that I shared on LISNews and the Carnival of the Infosciences, my having a card in the Librarian Trading Cards pool or pinpointing my location on Frappr's Blogging Librarians map. There's also the Filipino Librarians Googlegroup, which I set up on this blog's sixth monthsary and is now turning into a real community. In any case, I guess this blog's initial objective of "establishing a presence for Filipino librarians on the Internet" has been achieved.

A lot has happened to me in the past year. I would say that most, if not all, of the things that occurred in connection with my profession as a librarian would not have happened if I had not started this blog. I've learned a lot just by blogging. I've also met quite a few people—online and offline—because of this blog. And I've also felt good about comments posted here and elsewhere that let me know how the small change that I hoped would add up has, in fact, helped quite a few people.

Finally, let me end by quoting a comment I left on another blog: "the best thanks are those that come without even knowing that you had been of help. thank you!"


Category: About Filipino Librarian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...