Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

Filipino Librarians Googlegroup

Love Your Librarian
The Filipino Librarians Googlegroup is two years old. If you are unfamiliar with this group, here's what I wrote two years ago in "Six Months!":

You do not have to be a member of a Filipino library association. Neither do you have to be physically in the Philippines. Heck, you don't even have to be Filipino or a librarian. As long as you are interested in "the Philippines, Filipiniana, Philippine libraries and Filipino librarians," you're welcome to join the group.
I have mentioned the group in passing since then on this blog, but I was surprised to find out that I have never actually devoted a post to the group until today. And yet its membership—composed of Filipino and foreign librarians and non-librarians, LIS students, spammers (!), relatives and friends—has grown to 437, and the discussions have apparently helped quite a few people. If you would like to join the group, just input your email address in the appropriate box in the sidebar on the right.

To celebrate the group's second anniversary, I will be giving away the "Love Your Librarian" buttons and stress ball shown in the photo above at the first-ever gathering of group members at the upcoming Manila International Bookfair (MIBF), right after the lecture of Zarah Gagatiga on "Children, Teens and Reading In The Time Of IT" on August 30, 3:30-4:30 pm. If you plan to join the "meet and greet," as Zarah calls it, please wear something red in your hair (if you're female) or pin something red to your cap (if male). I'll be pinning my own "love your librarian" button to my cap the whole day, so if you can't make it to Zarah's session and happen to see me during the day, just say "Hi!" =)

I'll take pictures of all the group members I meet at the MIBF and post them here. If I meet more than six, then I guess I'll have to raffle the buttons and stress ball, which were given to me by the people at Office Movers at SLA 2006 when I told them that I really liked the pin I got the previous year.

By the way, I also turned 34 today =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...