Quick Links: Talumpati | Licensed Librarians | Filipiniana Online | Stereotypes | Leadership | The Philippines

BlogDay 2006

Thanks to a comment left by The Gypsy Librarian, I found out that August 31 is BlogDay 2006, which was "initiated with the belief that bloggers should have one day which will be dedicated to know other bloggers, from other countries or areas of interests."

According to "About BlogDay,"
...bloggers from all over the world will post a recommendation of 5 new Blogs, Preferably, Blogs different from their own culture, point of view and attitude. On this day, blog surfers will find themselves leaping and discovering new, unknown Blogs, celebrating the discovery of new people and new bloggers.
Here are the five blogs I will recommend—not necessarily because the blog owners and I have very different backgrounds, but because I am a Filipino librarian about to start my studies in Canada who would like to meet other bloggers here in Toronto.


The Adventures of Accordion Guy in the 21st Century
When people at Thursday Meetings at Berkman found out that I was a Filipino on the way to Toronto, they said that I should get in touch with Joey de Villa. Well, it turns out that de Villa is one of Canada's top bloggers and a hotshot IT guy.
Photojunkie
Rickey recommended that I get in touch with Rannie Turingan, whom he met at a blogging meet-up in New York when blogging was not so common. Turingan, also one of Canada's top bloggers, has started a portrait series called "My Toronto Includes…" I'll try and get included =)
Stephen's Lighthouse
I met Stephen Abrams at SLA 2005 before he was elected SLA president for 2008. I ran into him again at SLA 2006 and found out he was a Canadian who lives in Toronto. I don't know if there's any other Canadian librarian who is blogging right now who is better known for his writing than him.
ICE
I got to know Nart Villeneuve at Free Expression in Asian Cyberspace. By then, I already knew that I was going to Toronto, so when I found out that he works just a few buildings away from my school, I knew I'd be getting in touch with him again. Especially because I'd like to get more involved in the OpenNet Initiative, with which he is heavily involved.
Subject/Object
Steven Chabot is a student at my school. That's about all I know about him. And that it looks like I'll learn a lot by reading his blog.

I've met Stephen and Nart before, but not since I arrived about three weeks ago. I hope to meet all five of them in the weeks after classes start.


Category: Blogging

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...